Chilepepper and spice

Hot food can be really cool.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Aji Amarillo

This is the latest Aji Amarillo harvest. These three were the only ones on a tiny plant. Some day I must learn to not plant in small pots, but when all the large ones are taken and there still are small plants wanting a larger pot rather than to die, then I plant in almost whatever size of pot I can find. And, it's not really so much more work to give water to some more (small) plants. And hey, these three Aji Amarillos look nice! I wouldn't have had them if I had thrown the baby plant away!

3 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Shelly said...

Pretty Picture! I was wondering if you ever did anything with the canned yams? I went to the market today and noticed stock piles of them on the shelves. Thanksgiving is almost here and I think thats about the only time most Americans eat them. I always hated them as a kid ( strange because they are so sweet) but now I sort of like them.

 
At 8:46 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger A said...

No, we haven't tried the canned yams yet since matli has been away on a business trip, but maybe we'll try to do something with it this weekend. I got some suggestions here and we also have an american cookbook which might have any serving suggestions.

 
At 6:41 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice picture...they look like three sisters lazing around, with the fat sister happily ensconced between the other two

Makes me want my lunch right away, and that's bad, because I'm far away from any place that can be called a restaurant

Castor Oil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home