Chilepepper and spice

Hot food can be really cool.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Chile takes time

If you'd count the time spent on chile growing it would probably be less expensive to drive to the nearest well equipped grocery store and buy it. The problem is that we don't have any grocery stores with a reliable supply of different chile species. Today I have replanted four out of eight chile plants which we are trying to keep alive all winter. I started with the smaller ones, so tomorrow, or whenever, I have four lager pots to replant. Basically I just cut them short and change the dirt. It would be better to give them new and bigger pots, but we just don't have room for that, so new dirt with some nutrition added will do. There seems to be a problem with lice now again, so I'm trying to get rid of as much of the old soil as possible if the lice live in it.

Still no sign of any activity in the new plants I planted last weekend. It takes more than a week normally, so I'm not worried. Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home