Chilepepper and spice

Hot food can be really cool.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Phaal

Hey, we've forgotten to tell you about our phaal...

Matli did cook the phaal curry last Thursday night, and we had it with fresh cilantro and rice for dinner last Friday. It should be even hotter than Vindaloo, so I was a bit frightend, but nah! It wasn't that hot! I'd say that the Vindaloo we made from a Rafi curry pack was way hotter than this Phaal. Nevertheless, it tasted really good. Still, I don't think we'll order it again. We are definitly going to choose Bombay Potato when we place our next order, and if we pick something more we've already tried I think it'll be the Vindaloo. Simple and great.




And we've also found a great beer to all the indian food. It's Cobra. A good choice, because there are few wines that can cope with the spices and the chile in indian food.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Shelly said...

I was just wondering if you guys ever cook with habaneros? I have a friend that has a habanero plant and she said she would give me one to try, but I am a little afraid of it. She and Husband LOVE things REALLY hot...she's is Mexican American and he is from Africa..I joke with them and tell them thats why they like it hot!

 
At 9:21 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger A said...

Oh, we do, but not very often. We have a favourite HabaƱero Red Savina dish with salmon. We've actually been taking about it recently, so maybe we'll have it this weekend, or the next. I'll give you the recipe!

 
At 2:57 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Shelly said...

Ohh that sounds right up my alley... I live salmon and am always looking for a new way to cook it!

 
At 2:59 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Shelly said...

love..not live salmon hahah... its way to early in the morning and I cant type! I should go back to sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home